Friday 16 January 2015

....and here we go!

So I've made the decision....to become a blogger! Or at least attempt to!
I've watched my husband do it for years, and have always been curious...just never had anything really to blog about...well now I do.

Grief.

Such a heavy word.  A word that comes with so many thoughts, ideas and even expectations.  It's a word...no a feeling, an emotion that I know all to well.  I feel like a grief expert. But before I get into the heavy stuff alittle about me...

I'm 33 years old and I live with my Husband, Dan, and our fur babies in London Ontario.  We have Mackie who is a shih tzhu and 1 year old....puppy years lots of fun! Brandy who is a terrier mix and is 15 years old....her hobby is sleeping.  Then there are the 4 cats wandering around. Daisy, Bailey, Kit Kat, and Chester.  Dan works and i'm what they refer to as a "housewife".  In truth i've had health issues that prevent me from working.  So I take care of our house and all the animals!

Now why write a blog about grief? It's so sad. depressing. lonely even.  Well I've lost alot of people in my life and I figure if there is a chance that by writing my thoughts, feelings and even experiences, that I might be able to help even one person out there who is suffering and feels lost and alone, then it is all worth it.

I plan on going into detail of my feelings and what I did whether it was good or bad or inbetween. But the main motivator for writing this blog.....

January 24, 2014 I lost my best friend.  My mom.  She had a massive heart attack in her sleep and died instantly.  That is where this blog comes from.  All my grandparents are gone.  And now both my parents are gone.  I feel alone...even though i'm not.  Sometimes worse than other times.

This is the straw that broken the camels back.  This is the reason I'm writing this blog.  In my future entries I will go into more detail about my losses, but this is just a tidbit.  I have so much grief, and emotions to share.  I want to reach out and help people to understand that everyone grieves in their own way and in their own time.  There is no time limit on grief.  That is the most important thing to remember.  Alot of times people will say "aren't you over that yet", or show concern that you are still "sad".  Well thats ok.  Grief is different for everyone.

Thanks for reading.....

JM

No comments:

Post a Comment